Dniprovskyi district was allocated from Darnytskyi district in 1969. It is the smallest one of the three districts located on the left bank of the Dnieper river.
It received its name from the adjoining it Dnieper river. Half of the total area are green plantations : parks, public gardens, woodlands :
- Dniprovskyi park on Trukhaniv island;
- recreation and culture park “Pobeda ;
- recreation and culture park “Aurora”;
- park Kioto, with nearly 1 km alley of sakura;
- Hydropark on Venetian island.
Hydropark on Venetian island is a wide popular water-entertainment complex with a variety of beaches, water rides, boat stations. In summer it can reside up to 75 thousand people at the same time. There is a wide range of available entertainments : many beaches (including a children’s beach, a beach for disabled, a nudist beach), boats and catamarans rental service, open-air gym, sports area for table tennis, paintball, soccer, volleyball, beach rugby, numerous water rides, restaurants, casinos, discos.
Besides, the district is reach in ponds and lakes.
- Telbin – the largest lake in Dniprovskyi district. It is located in the housing area Bereznyaki;
- Raduzhne – the second largest lake, in Raduzhnyi housing area;
- lakes Rusanivske and Malinovka in Rusanivski gardens;
- lake Babie in Trukhaniv island with wild gladioluses, irises and white lilies;
- many Kiev citizens adore Rusanivskyi channel and the Dnieper embankment;
- and of course, Hydropark, Trukhaniv island and Venetian island are the most favourite recreation places of Kievites.
Metro Stations :
- Line 1«Hydropark»
- Line 1«Livoberezhna»
- Line 1«Darnytsia»
- Line 1«Chernigivska»