Half Day Kiev Tour
Kiev Walking Tour
You will never stay indifferent to this city after the tour!
Duration: up to 4 hours
According to the legend, at the end of the 5th century brothers Kyi, Cheek and Horev and their sister Lybid passed by the slopes of the Dnieper River and decided to settle on this land. They set up a city on the steep right bank of the Dnieper river and named it in honour of the older brother, Kiev. Since 9th to the beginning of 13th centuries, Kiev became a political and cultural centre of the eastern Slavs, the capital of Kievan Rus – ancient powerful Slavic feudal state.
The best of Kiev in private custom tour!
You tell me what you want, I make suggestions and create a perfect private Kiev tour for you.
There is an option of a full day tour in case you decide to get to know the city deeper.
Highlights recommended to see:
- Golden Gate with the Church of the Annunciation on top of it – the main ancient entrance to Kiev
- St. Sophia’s Cathedral UNESCO World Heritage Site since 10th century
- St.Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery– Orthodox temple since 1108
- Old Kiev Hill – it is here, according to legend, Kyi founded the city. In the Old Kiev Hill have preserved ramparts and footing of the citadel and first stone Christian church founded by Prince Vladimir
- Landscape Alley with whimsical sculptures
- Saint Andrew’s Church – a major baroque church constructed in 1747–1754
- St Volodymyr’s Cathedral – the mother cathedral of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church – Kiev Patriarchy
- National Opera House of Ukraine
- Andrew’s Descent – “Kiev Montmartre” Street
- Castle of a Baron
- Castle of Richard the Lionheart
- House of Actor – a former Karaite synagogue
- Some of the Kiev murals
- Main Kiev street – Kreschatik and Independence Square (Maidan)
- Transportation to & from the tour. Though a private car service is also available on request at extra charge.
- Food and drink, lunch. Certainly, I will give you insider’s tips for a good place for lunch. And it’s absolutely your choice whether to treat your guide to dinner or not.
- Entrance fees which are expected in the tour: entrance to St.Sophia Cathedral – 80 UAH (3$) per person
Why take this Kiev tour
- Your program will be created especially for you and your needs
- You will discover Kiev in the company of caring, educated and enthusiastic local Kievan
- We meet where and when you need. I design the Kiev tour from any venue
- You pick the start time of the tour
- Our Kiev private tour ends where you request. I will look after you all the way
- No advanced payment required. Cash pay after the tour
You will hear and find out a lot of interesting facts about ancient Kiev – the Old Slavic capital of the powerful feudal state of the 9-13 centuries – Kievan Rus.
Incredible Kiev is waiting for you with your BestKievGuide!