Itinerary of Old Town Kyiv Tour
On this tour, I will lead you through the Old Town of Kyiv – a spiritual center of the Ukrainian capital. The area and sites of this tour are connected with the medieval history of the Old Slavic Ruthenian state, which existed on these lands in 9-13 centuries and Kyiv was its mighty capital until the devastating destruction by Mongols in 1240.
Explore the highlights of Kyiv Old Town
- Explore the historical highlights of Ancient Kyiv with a private guide during this 3-hour walking tour.
- Enjoy the personal attention of your knowledgeable tour guide as you walk along the Kyiv Old Town area.
- See top attractions as well as some hidden gems, and get insider tips from your guide. In case you decide to get to know the city deeper, there is an option of a full-day tour.
Main attractions visited on Old Town tour:
- Golden Gate
- St. Sophia Cathedral UNESCO World Heritage Site since the 11th century.
- St.Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery
- Kyiv Old Hill – a powerful place where Kyiv was founded in ancient times
- St. Andrew’s Church
- Andrew’s Descent
- Kyiv awesome murals
- Pedestrian-Bicycle Bridge (Klitschko bridge)
- House with Chimeras – Kyiv’s weirdest building (1902) decorated with whimsical concrete sculptures
- Khreshchatyk Street and Independence Square (Maidan)
- Hotel pick up
- Services of the English speaking tour guide
- Hotel drop off upon request
- Metro/bus/funicular tickets if needed
- Admissions if any. Kiev guides enter many attractions free of charge, in case you require your guide to accompany you into any attractions, you may need to cover the guide’s admission as well.
Why take this Kyiv Private Tour
- You will discover a historical area of Medieval Kyiv in the company of a caring knowledgeable and enthusiastic local English speaking guide
- Your program may be created especially for you and your needs
- You pick the start time of the tour, I adjust to your convenience
- If you want to visit St.Sophia Cathedral inside, I can provide you an expert tour of this landmark as I’m an accredited tour guide of St.Sophia. You don’t need to pay extra for this tour as far as we keep up with tour timing.
BEST KYIV GUIDE invites you to find out interesting facts about ancient Kyiv – the Old Slavic capital of the powerful Ruthenian state of the 9-13 centuries.