Old Town Kiev Tour
Explore the highlights of Ancient Kiev
Duration: 3 hours
Type of tour: walking tour
EUR 60 for 1-2 people
The best of Ancient Kiev – Mother of Rus cities!
Explore the highlights of Ancient Kiev with a private guide during this 3-hour walking tour. Enjoy the personal attention of your knowledgeable tour guide as you walk along the Kiev Old Town area. See top attractions as well as some hidden gems, and get insider tips from your guide. In case you decide to get to know the city deeper, there is an option of a full day tour.
Main attractions visited on Old Town tour:
- St. Volodymyr’s Cathedral – the mother cathedral of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church – Kiev Patriarchy
- Golden Gate with the Church of the Annunciation on top of it
- St. Sophia Cathedral UNESCO World Heritage Site since the 11th century.
- St.Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery – functioning monastery since 1108
- Kiev Old Hill – a powerful place where Kiev was founded in ancient times as a sacred hillfort
- St. Andrew’s Church – a major baroque church constructed in 1747–1754
- Andrew’s Descent
- Kiev awesome murals
- Pedestrian-Bycicle Bridge (Klitchko bridge)
- House with Chimeras – spectacular private house decorated with whimsical concrete sculptures
- Khreshchatyk Street and Independence Square (Maidan)
- Meet you at your hotel
- English speaking tour guide
- Metro/bus/funicular tickets if needed
- Admissions if any. Kiev guides enter many attractions free of charge, in case you require your guide to accompany you into any attractions, you may need to cover the guide’s admission as well as your own.
Why take this Kiev tour
- Your program may be created especially for you and your needs
- You will discover Ancient Kiev in the company of caring knowledgeable and enthusiastic local English speaking guide
- You pick the start time of the tour
BEST KIEV GUIDE invites you to find out a lot of interesting facts about ancient Kiev – the Old Slavic capital of the powerful feudal state of the 9-13 centuries – Kievan Rus!