Old Town Kiev Tour
You will never stay indifferent to this city after the tour!
Duration: 4 hours
*Price for group up to 2 people
According to the legend, at the end of the 5th century brothers Kyi, Cheek and Horev and their sister Lybid set up a city on the steep right bank of the Dnipro River and named it in honour of the older brother Kyi – Kyiv. Since 9th to the beginning of 13th centuries, Kiev became a political and cultural centre of the Eastern Slavs, the capital of Kievan Rus – ancient powerful Slavic feudal state.
The best of Kiev in private custom tour!
Old Town Tour covers the sites of the ancient Kiev. It consists of the routes along the Old Town area and Podil or Lower Town area. Though on the way of the route we will see interesting places of the modern city. There is an option of a full day tour in case you decide to get to know the city deeper.
Highlights you will see:
- Golden Gate with the Church of the Annunciation on top of it – the main ancient entrance to Kiev.
- St. Sophia’s Cathedral UNESCO World Heritage Site since 11th century.
- St.Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery – functioning monastery since 1108 (reconstructed 20th century).
- The City of Prince Vladimir. Footing of the first Christian stone church founded by Vladimir the Great.
- Landscape Alley with whimsical sculptures.
- St. Andrew’s Church – a major baroque church constructed in 1747–1754.
- Andrew’s Descent -“Kiev Montmartre” Street.
- Podil – Lower Town.
- Castle of a Baron.
- Karaite Kenassa.
- Some of the Kiev murals.
- Main Kiev street – Kreschatik and Independence Square (Maidan)
- Alley of the Heavenly Hundred – the street where the bloody events of the 2013-2014 Euromaidan revolution or Revolution of Dignity took place.
- Transportation to & from the tour. Though a private car service is also available on request at extra charge.
- Food and drink, lunch. Certainly, I will give you insider’s tips for a good place for lunch.
- Admission fee to the St.Sophia Cathedral – 80,00 Hryvna (€2,50)
Why take this Kiev tour
- Your program will be created especially for you and your needs.
- You will discover Kiev in the company of caring, educated and enthusiastic local Kievan.
- We meet where and when you need. I design the Kiev tour from any venue.
- You pick the start time of the tour.
- Our Kiev private tour ends where you request. I will look after you all the way..
- No advanced payment required. Cash pay after the tour
BEST KIEV GUIDE invites you to find out a lot of interesting facts about ancient Kiev – the Old Slavic capital of the powerful feudal state of the 9-13 centuries – Kievan Rus!