Old Town of Kyiv – Virtual Private Tour
Explore the highlights of the Old Town of Kyiv from the comfort of your couch!
If you had to cancel a trip to the capital of Ukraine because of lockdowns but it’s on your bucket list, it may be a while until you can travel again. In the meantime, get the Virtual Guided Tour and see what to expect from this trip in the future!
On this tour, I will lead you in real-time via live streaming through the Old Town of Kyiv – a spiritual center of the city. Your knowledgeable Kyiv private guide will tell you about the historical significance of these places.
Share with you the local stories about the objects, and answer any questions you may have. Through the magic of technology, you will travel to the Old Town of Kyiv from the comfort of your own home.
This 1-hour long virtual tour of Kyiv includes:
- Services of English-speaking, certified, and expert Kyiv tour guide;
- You will explore the main medieval attractions of the Old Town area: Golden Gate, St.Sophia Cathedral, St.Michael’s Golden-Domed Monastery, St.Andrew’s Church, and other interesting objects all from the screen of your computer or smartphone.
- For any questions you might have, there’s a live Q&A talk with your private guide during the tour.
All the sites included in this tour are located close to one another, so we will not lose much time on walks in between them.
Although on the walk between the sites, I will be able to answer your questions, tell more interesting information about my city and country.
Isn’t it a unique and beneficial pastime to learn about the city!
By the end of the tour you will know:
- why Golden Gate is called so, although it had never been gilded;
- who was that famous Kyiv prince that historians call “father-in-law of Europe” and who married one of his daughters to a French King;
- how the iconic St. Michael’s Golden-Domed Cathedral became a touching place for Kyivans in modern times;
- the miracle of the «unbreakable wall» of the 1000 years standing St.Sophia Cathedral;
- what incredible love story stands behind the construction of the St.Andrew’s Church;
Details of the virtual tour:
- Cost of the 1-hour private virtual tour: €20. The tour is provided after the full prepayment.
- This is a live streaming walking tour, not a pre-recorded one.
- The tour is available in the time slot 10.am – 5.30 pm of EEST and I will adapt to any timing that is comfortable for you within this time slot.
- I would ask your internet speed to allow video.
- No special application or registration is required.
By booking this tour I will send you a present – the extended version of my author’s guide “Ultimate Kyiv in Day Itinerary + Map and Tips” (in PDF format) with the list of recommended places to eat.
BEST KYIV GUIDE encourages you to pour one of your favorite drinks and we’ll spend some time along the tour connecting together around the Old Town of Kyiv. Cheers!